My Wired system used iRig MIDI. Because I want to use iPad while charging the iPad.
I use iPad2 (No lightning Cable: Bluetooth2.1)
- Roland R-88
- Roland UM-ONE mk2
- Audio-Technica ATL435CM x2
- iRig MIDI
- and iOS app is Lemur
- Set the [COMP/TAB] switch of the UM-ONE mk2 to “TAB” position.
- Open the rubber flap of the R-88 unit, and connect the UM-ONE mk2 to the USB MEMORY port.
- R-88 > Menu > SYSTEM SETUP > UM-ONE CONTROL > OFF, INPUT, MIXER >Select MIXER.
- fader is post fader.
iPad Setting (1)
- You bought Lemur app
- iPad and iTunes is synchronism.
- download file(R88_Fader_v1.4.jzml) in iPad.
- Lemur app is open, Select it.
iPad Setting (2)
( If you use wired, iPad settings doesn’t need)
- iPad Launch the GarageBand (or other Bluetooth MIDI compatible apps, such as MIDI LE, Web MIDI browser, YAMAHA PianoDiary,,)
- Select the menu item of “Bluetooth MIDI Devices” from the “Settings(Spanner icon)” menu
- Tap the blue i mark. Slid the Connect button
- If the mi.1 succeeds to connect the mi.1 will flash LED several times, and the Connect button will become blue.
- Lemur apps recognise the mi.1 as a MIDI device “mi.1 Bluetooth”. You can choose the “mi.1 Bluetooth” in Settings of Lemur apps.
- iPad Buletooth is ON.
- iPad > Lemur > settings > MIDI TARGETS > MIDI 0 From/To select “mi.1 connect”
- iPad > mi.1 connect > From/To VirtualMIDI is ON.
iPad and R-88 Sync Setting
R-88 MIDI signal is R-88 from iPad.
- iPad connect R-88.(UM-ONE mk2 is male MIDI connect. Other gear is male MIDI connect too. I used MIDI female-female connecter.)
- You open Lemur (iPad app) Select download file. All mute button is ON.
- Next R-88 MASTER knob on the front panel to access the VIEW screen where you can see the CH.1-CH.8 Settings.
- Touch the EDIT tab. ALL MUTE is ON.
- iPad(Lemur) mute botton is off.
- Check R-88 mute switch. It is success if it is off.
- 8x fader
- 8x mute
- record, play, stop, rewind, fast forward button.
CREATE BY Tommy Tommy.
Roland R-88 http://www.roland.com/products/en/R-88/
IK Multimedia (iRig MIDI) http://www.ikmultimedia.com
Lemur(iOS app) https://liine.net/en/products/lemur/